Flutie 5k




This was my biggest event, in terms of racers.
Even with a rainy morning, about 1000 people ran. Really makes for a nice atmosphere.

I went to bed early, knowing I wasn't going to sleep well. I'm the type of person who gets nervous about, things like getting there on time, where to park, where to go, ect.. I got up a few times, checked the clock, and went back to bed. 7:30 came and it was time to get ready, shaved, showered, brush my teeth, and made French toast, with wheat bread.

After breakfast I noticed the rain was coming down hard. My running partner (Siri) begged me not to take her out in it. I needed her, so I made her a raincoat, with a sandwich bag and some tape! Lol

I arrived about 9:30 I had a hour and a half to spare. Walk around checking out the tents, talked with people, found out I'm not the only one who made a rain coat for there running partner. I also got another shirt, when I picked up my number they gave me a small instead of a large. Wasn't a big deal, but would be nice to actually wear it.

The time came to get in line, the staff had signs to help people get in their pace group, I was in 7-8 minute pace. I like to use 2 apps when I run Nike+ and Runkeeper. It's kind of tough getting them going, but I did rather smoothly maybe 20 seconds before the gun.

The first mile was the toughest, I had slight glitters, in my legs, I think I was nervous, I heard earlier it was a hilly course. I got to the first hill put it in high gear and went up it hard. After that I started feeling good and started picking up the pace. When it came to the down hill, I tried to take advantage of the momentum. The crowd thinned out and I was doing well, I did get passed by two little girls. I think they actually helped me by trying to keep up with there pace.

Right near the end I started to get passed by a few people flying. I know they just must of started in the back, but I did not like it one bit. They were going so fast, I couldn't even try to hold my place. I did push as hard as I could as I crossed the finish line. I grabbed a water sat down and viewed my Nike+ app, and was shocked, at my new fastest mile.










Also set a new fastest 5k!