Skid Plates complete!


unnamed.jpg
Originally uploaded by rcyamaha

Finally I recieved the rest of my Skid plates for my Yamaha Raptor 700. I originally picked out all DG brand skid plates, I'm the type that likes to stick with one brand. Unfortunatley my parts were delayed a month out, and I didn't want chance riding with out them, so I went with AC Racing for the chasis and swing arm.

The installation was easy too!

A-arms:
Each side consisted of three bolts that tightened a clamp securing the plate to the A -arm.

Chasis:
Remove the old skid plate four bolts. Then remove the bottom two bolts that hold the bumper on. Then slide the new Skid plate between the bumper and the frame. Put the orginall bumper bolts back. I then placed the four long blots through where the orginal bolts went, sliding the spacer on to the bolts from the back. I then started threading hand threading them. Once they are all started I began tighting them down. I would sugest Loc-Tite.
The last two bolts act as clamps holding it to the frame.

Swing arm:
Remove the old skid plate, only four bolts. Atatch the new skid plate with the new four bolts into the originall holes. All done, now through on that NO FEAR sticker, and don't worry about those giant boulders waiting to destroy your ATV!



No comments:

Post a Comment